The submit Inverlochy Castle to expand with ambitious renovation project appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Travel Daily.
Iconic Highland nation resort Inverlochy Castle has unveiled plans to meticulously restore its listed stables and create eight new bedrooms to assist meet excessive visitor demand. With rooms on the five-star property close to Fort William in scarce provide year-round, Inverlochy Castle Management International (ICMI), which manages the fort resort, will lead the plans to renovate the stables and walled backyard, taking the overall capability of the fort to 35 rooms.
The new rooms, set inside the 500-acre property shut to the principle fort constructing, will mirror the identical character seen all through the resort. The stables themselves are listed, so renovation can be fastidiously carried out to retain the unique character. The rooms overlook the walled backyard, which may even bear intensive restoration.
Norbert Lieder, managing director of Inverlochy Castle Management International, stated: “This ambitious project will see the listed fort stables and walled backyard fastidiously restored to breathe new life into the property grounds and supply a further luxurious and distinctive house for friends to get pleasure from. We need everybody who steps inside to really feel like they’re being welcomed into our dwelling, and the designs retain as a lot authentic character as potential.
“The Scottish Highlands’ exceptional beauty and landscapes means there is extremely high demand for five-star accommodation within the region. The expansion designs pay homage to this historic landscape, and we look forward to unveiling the new bedrooms and garden when complete.”
In an space with huge historical past and sweetness, the extra capability will present a base for friends to discover the Highlands and uncover true Scottish hospitality within the 19th century fort, nestled within the foothills of Ben Nevis. Each room can be named in honour of an individual with shut ties to the fort and who has been instrumental in its success, together with:
- The KC Chai Suite, after the late KC Chai, proprietor of Inverlochy Castle who helped elevate the hospitality expertise
- The Hobbs Suite, after former proprietor Greta Hobbs, who turned the fort right into a resort after her late husband’s passing and is laid to relaxation within the fort grounds
- The Albert Roux Junior Suite, paying homage to the fort’s shut relationship with the late Michelin starred chef, who opened many eating places in ICMI properties throughout Scotland
- The Jane Watson Junior Suite, after the General Manager of Inverlochy Castle who has devoted her profession to the resort, working from housekeeping to administration
- The Clelland Barrie Room, after the fort’s pianist who delighted and entertained friends for over 15 years till his passing
- The Isabel Smith Room, recognising over twenty years of service from the fort’s devoted reservations supervisor
- The Phyllis Knox Room, after the fort’s former florist and much-loved member of the area people
- The William Birch Room, in recognition of the excellent expertise and character of Inverlochy’s sommelier
Work has already begun, with the brand new rooms prepared to welcome friends from April 2023. The growth follows the current launch of a novel and interactive eating expertise, Seasgair by Michel Roux Jr. In a nod in the direction of the time when the fort was occupied as a non-public dwelling by Greta Hobbs, Michel Roux Jr has taken inspiration from her celebrated cook dinner Mary Shaw, who would create a brand new menu every evening for the household and friends to get pleasure from collectively.
The submit Inverlochy Castle to expand with ambitious renovation project appeared first on Travel Daily.